Abacus Row LLC is a design and production company creating a line of refined and understated jewelry from its studio in San Francisco, California. We're hiring and looking for smart, resourceful and creative individuals to join our team.
If you are excited about our brand and helping us grow, take a look at our available positions and let us know if you're who we're looking for. If you don't see the perfect job, feel free to send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll reach out if we see an opportunity.
Abacus Row is looking for a dedicated person to manage day-to-day operational activities. As studio manager your role is to ensure the studio runs efficiently by overseeing the areas of production and fulfillment. The ideal candidate is organized, possesses strong communication skills and is a strong problem solver with the ability to quickly adapt to change.
- Organize, order and track materials and supplies for production
- Organize, order and track materials and supplies for fulfillment
- Set production schedule for timely turnaround and delivery
- Communicate and coordinate with production associates for inventory demands and inventory flows
- Communicate with wholesale customers - invoice, track orders and payments
- Communicate with ecommerce customers - respond to emails and phone calls
- Oversee timely fulfillment of orders
- Excellent with time-management
- Excellent communication skills, friendly and helpful in demeanor with customer service
- Attention to detail
- Organized and focused
- Meticulous note-taker
- Strong problem solver
- Ability to take direction
- Ability to quickly adapt to change and new demands
- Ability to perform well under pressure and a fast-paced environment
- Competency in Excel
- Experience with Square payment processing
- Experience with ecommerce platform Shopify
Full-time, 40 hours/week
How to apply: If you’re interested in applying, email us at email@example.com with subject line - “TEAM AR - Studio Manager”. Please attach a resume and cover letter to introduce yourself.
JEWELRY PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE
We are dedicated to producing meticulously handcrafted jewelry. We are looking for an extra set of hands to help us meet our production demands and open up time for our founder to focus on designing new work. Our Jewelry Production Associate will be responsible for carefully preparing materials, making jewelry of consistent quality, and delivering finished pieces as scheduled. The ideal candidate possesses fine motor skills and is adept working with small objects, is extremely detail-oriented and follows directions with precision.
- Learn and consistently produce quality products
- Organize and track materials needed for production
- Communicate and coordinate with studio manager regularly
- Deliver finished products on time
- Experience with beading
- Experience with crafting or making
- Ability to maintain focus while performing repetitive tasks for long periods of time
- Ability to take direction and to learn quickly
- Impressive attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated to perform well
Pay is on a per-piece basis. Work hours and location are flexible following a 3-month training period.
How to apply: If you’re interested in applying, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line - “TEAM AR - Production Associate”. Please attach a resume and cover letter to introduce yourself. If available, please send a portfolio where we can see work that you have created using your hands.
SOCIAL / DIGITAL MARKETING INTERNSHIP
Since our launch in 2012, Abacus Row has relied almost exclusively on organic and word of mouth growth. However, as we continue to grow beyond our local market and loyal customer base, we’re looking for a rockstar to help plan and execute multi-channel marketing campaigns to spread the word about Abacus Row and drive new customer growth. As a digital marketing intern, you will be responsible for creating social media and email campaigns, tracking and improving conversion metrics, and applying those learnings towards future campaigns.
- Identify target demographics
- Create and manage Facebook and Instagram advertising campaigns
- Create and manage Mailchimp email campaigns
- Experience with Facebook, Instagram and Google advertising
- Possess working knowledge of SEO best practices
- Meticulous note-taker and quick to learn
- Eager to learn on the job, and thrive on ambiguity
- Ability to take on new and different tasks
- Experience working for small start-up businesses
- You have knowledge about (and enjoy) the jewelry and fashion industries
Part-time, 10-15 hrs per week
How to apply: If you’re interested in applying, email us at email@example.com with subject line - “TEAM AR - Social/Digital Marketing Intern”. Please attach a resume and cover letter to introduce yourself. If available, please send a portfolio where we can see work that you have created your hands.